STAM 2018 Conference Resources
I was happy to be able to attend my first STAM conference this week. There were many great Speech and Theatre sessions to attend and I came away with some wonderful resources to share as well. I have created a STAM 2018 Google Folder where supporting materials for Speech and Theatre can be found. Some standouts were:
- The Reach of Speech (Slides linking to a plethora of materials)
- Understanding and Integrating Immediacy Behaviors in the classroom (I Highly Recommend this which helps to describe why so many Fine Arts teachers create wonderful relationships with their students and includes supporting research)
- Debating as a Great Communicator
- Working in groups with notecards to analyze/structure the order of a speech (A speech game where each student gets a notecard with a sentence or two on it and they work together to reorganize themselves so that the points and subpoints are in the correct order.)
- Using shadow puppets to create character voices
I look forward to implementing some of these ideas and strategies into my classroom.